Tuesday, August 24, 2010

They say two wrongs don't make a right, but its suiting me just fine

When I started this blog, my full intention was for it to be mostly fashion based, mixed with bits of my life as a college student. But the way things have been going, it has turned out almost 100% about my life so far.

So let me explain.

Yes, this blog will still be about fashion (mostly...or at least half way).
But unfortunately, I started this blog really late into summer, with all of the fun events (such as open houses, Fourth of July parties, the annual city carnival, weekends trips, etc.) having long since past. And since I have less than a week left of being home where I do nothing but sit around the house all day, I find no point in getting dressed in anything other than comfy pajama type clothing. But I PROMISE once I get back up to school things will change. SO unless anything major happens between today and Sunday, this will probably be my only post this week.

Now on to business.

When I think of going back to school, I think of those last lingering days of summer where you're trying to fit in the making of a last few memories. Of sleeping in, because after all this may be your last chance. I think of fall, leaves changing colors and crunching under my feet. Of new school supplies, new friends, and most importantly, new clothes.

Unfortunately this year my family doesn't have much money for any back to school shopping, so I'm just going to have to get creative with things I already have or can find for cheap. But on the bright side, I was able to find a few things I like that were really cheap.

Before I post the pictures, I must apologize for a couple things.
First, the mirror I used to take the pictures was kinda dirty, so please ignore that.
Second, like I mentioned earlier, I have been extremely lazy about getting dressed and ready for the day. So try not to pay much attention to my pajama shorts.

Other than that, enjoy :)


                                           
        

         

        



purple jacket- Calvin Klein (medium), thrifted $4
black patterned sweater- unknown brand (small) gifted by my grandma :)
jean jacket- GAP (medium), bought at thrifted $1
green cardigan- unknown brand, (mens medium), thrifted $1
slouchy white t-shirt- Miley Cyrus/Max Azria (large), Walmart $8
owl necklace- Wet Seal, (I bought it a while back got home and realized it was broke and I just now fixed it, I don't remember the cost but is was under $10. I was so excited I fixed it I had to post it as well)

I have some ideas on how I'm going to incorporate these new pieces into my wardrobe, but if any of you guys have outfit ideas of your own, i would love to hear them :)


love to all, 
demariee

No comments:

Post a Comment