Sunday, October 24, 2010

Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir?

(For all you French speaking readers out there, I'm just kidding about the title, by the way)

I know I have been MIA for a good month or so, but things have been ridiculously busy since school started again. Between classes every day, tons of homework, hanging with friends, spending time with the boyfriend, and football games/extra activities, I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and write. But I am going to try my hardest to change that.

The reason for this recent kick to get restarted is I am constantly being inspired to post, but I have yet to find time. One of my biggest inspirations has been the amazing weather lately. Honestly, what is there not to love about fall? The colors are gorgeous, its not to hot, yet not to cold. On top of that, it’s the perfect time for hayrides, apple orchards, pumpkin picking, apple cider and donuts, and my favorite: Halloween.

I very well may be the biggest little kid you will ever meet. To me, Halloween = Love. But then again, who doesn’t love tons of candy and getting dressed up in something you would never in a million years wear on any of the other 364 days of the year? It's safe to say that I have had my Halloween costume for this year picked out since about November 1, 2009. Because there is absolutely no way I want to be wearing the same costume as anyone else, I decided to take it back a few years (sorry to all you dressing as Snooki/Gaga/Slutty insert animal here, those costumes just weren't for me this year). My Halloween inspiration this year comes from the Moulin Rouge version of the song,  Lady Marmalade.

In case you haven't seen the video (or don't remember it from nine years ago), it is a remake by Christina Aguilera, Mya, Pink, Lil Kim, and produced by Missy Elliot. The vocals are amazing, and the video is a perfect blend of sexy, sassy, and fun. For my costume, I decided to try and reproduce a mix of Christina and Mya's costumes.

Here are the Originals:
                                            

                                                Image via google images

*Note: Each singer wears two different costumes in the video, but its nearly impossible to find pictures of their second costumes. For the sake of my remake, I must note that Christina's second costume is purple, and my personal favorite.

My version:

   Purple Black Lace Up Bustier And Thong Set - 172469Black Ruffle Hot Pants - 176057
     Wide Diamond Black Fishnet Thigh HighLace Fingerless Gloves

                                                                corsetshortsfishnetsgloves


Of course when I actually wear the costume, there will be a few alterations/accessories, but because I'm not sure where I got the rest or cant find pictures of them, they were left out. 

Want to see how the whole costume turns out? Check back in a week or so, pictures will be posted :) Until then,

love to all,
demariee



No comments:

Post a Comment